SeaChange have identified the 10 safety behaviours we can all do to Starve the COVID-19 Beast! We explain why they are important, what to do, and how make each safety behaviour a long-lasting habit. See below for key information on Self-Isolation: How to give yourself the Best Odds against the Virus.
Why is Self Isolation Important?
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in recent contact with a confirmed case then self isolation greatly reduces the spread of COVID-19.
When should you practice Self Isolation?
You should self isolate if you:
- have symptoms of coronavirus
- are waiting to get tested for coronavirus
- are waiting for test results
- confirmed positive for coronavirus
- have any cold or flu-like symptoms, such as sore throat, runny nose, blocked nose, cough or wheezing
- have been in direct contact with a positive case & now must arrange testing
So you have been told to self-isolate. Now what? Here is what you can do to put all the chances on your side:
- Stay hydrated – aim for approximately 2 litres a day, more if you are sweating a lot due to fever
- Avoid alcohol
- Reduce smoking or better, stop – even if only until symptoms disappear
- Have someone check regularly on you – while observing safe distancing, especially when taking a nap or in the morning
- Keep in touch with people over the phone or online
- Eat well: plenty of soup, fruits and vegetables along with lean protein will help maintain a good balance of nutrients and give your body what it needs to fight the disease
- Maintain regular exercise as possible depending on your symptoms
The HSE website can help if you feel that self-isolation is affecting your mental health. Click here for more information.
If you cannot self-isolate at home, you may need to be admitted to a self-isolation facility. Self-isolation facilities are safe places for people who cannot self-isolate at home that are run by the HSE.
If you develop a fever or any respiratory symptoms contact your GP or HSELive on 1850 241 1850.
For more detailed information and consultancy support on how to prepare and plan for COVID-19 onsite, contact SeaChange about our excellent and comprehensive ‘Ready Steady Go Programme’. Call us now on +353 45 856 028, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. (SeaChange home page here)
Keep informed via our Covid-19 Support Page here