SeaChange have identified the 10 safety behaviours we can all do to Starve the COVID-19 Beast! We explain why they are important, what to do, and how make each safety behaviour a long-lasting habit. See below for key information on Cleaning as you Go:
Why is Cleaning as you Go Important?
Cleaning as you go greatly reduces the spread of COVID-19.
When should you practice Cleaning as you Go?
Identify surfaces that are frequently touched and get into the habit of Cleaning As You Go when you or others use them such as: Work Surfaces, Food Surfaces, Mobile Devices, Door handles, etc.
Here are 5 Tips to Clean As You Go:
- Identify surfaces that are frequently touched and get into the habit of Cleaning As You Go when you or others use them such as: Work Surfaces, Food Surfaces, Mobile Devices, Door handles, etc. Identify also at which frequency they must be cleaned.
- Recommend use of EPA-registered household disinfectant. Follow the instructions on the label to ensure safe and effective use of the product. Many products recommend: keeping surface wet for a period of time (see product label), and precautions such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation during use of the product.
- Set up audio reminders: setting an alarm on your phone, computer or any other work available device can help.
- Set up visual cues: stickers or posters near surfaces that you wouldn’t normally pay attention to, like door handles. Colour-coded stickers can help identify those surfaces that need to be cleaned at a certain interval, e.g. Red = every 30 min, Amber = every hour, Green = every 2 hours, etc.
- Make it personal and make people accountable: cleaning routines must be allocated to identified people so that there is no excuse and no “I thought you were to do it”. Devise a cleaning rota that is easy to follow and is accessible to all.
For more detailed information and consultancy support on how to prepare and plan for COVID-19 onsite, contact SeaChange about our excellent and comprehensive ‘Ready Steady Go Programme’. Call us now on +353 45 856 028, or email us on email@example.com. (SeaChange home page here)
Keep informed via our COVID-19 Support Page here